Making a website SEO friendly is, arguably, the most challenging aspect of making sure that your business can get noticed and used in the right kind of light. If you are here looking for a good way to make your website SEO-friendly, then we recommend that you consider all of the following ideas on how to SEO your website:
1. Make sure that all of your content is built around answering questions, not using keywords. If you use that keyword in the content then cool, no problem, but it’s not a necessity. One thing that you will get, for sure, is the extra benefit of using content that people will find useful. Why does that matter? Because the days of content ranking based on keywords is DEAD. It’s now all about making sure that your content is built around smart keyword usage, sure, but it’s also all about having content that people enjoy reading and commenting on, sharing and discussing.
2. Your life will be made much easier from an SEO perspective if you can create pages of content that make plenty of sense from a logical point of view. Having content which helps nobody, and loaded with keywords is going to get you nowhere in the modern world. Content has to be helpful – it’s better to have less keywords and more genuine value.
3. Provide strong internal linking. You could have multiple pages all about similar topics but with variances to their needs and meanings. The smart thing to do would be to use smart interlinking of pages to bring them all together; this is smart modern SEO practice.
4. Build a sitemap – you can do this on most content management suites like WordPress with a plug-in. They are very useful and help the search engine “crawlers” know which part of your website holds the best detail.
5. Have a look at your competition and industry leaders – what are they talking about? Is it being engaged with by readers? If so, take a leaf out of their book. Create content along similar ideas and themes albeit using your own information and details. Don’t just curate content and copy from someone else. Build something smart and fair that makes genuine sense from your readers’ perspective.
6. Lastly, make sure your content is relevant – Google has to appease its customers as well – and you can do that with smart content that is actually related to their queries.
Image courtesy of NOGRAN s.r.o. on Flickr.
The world of search engine ranking has been changing on a regular basis. It’s...